Hey guys welcome back to another post and today we’re going to be talking about the secret behind all those pretty Instagram makeup artists. There is one thing that makeup can not be done without and no girl can live without and that thing is MAKEUP BRUSHES! I, myself, do not know how I would contain myself if I were ever to lose all my makeup brushes and had to do all my makeup the old fashion way (with my fingers!).
Makeup brushes can be very pricey, but there are amazing affordable brushes out there as well. For example, one of my favorite brush companies would have to be Real Techniques. I love this company for two reasons: they do not make their brushes out of animal hair and their brushes are high quality.
This company has a variety of brushes and brush sets, but the set I’m going to review is the Core Collection. I use these brushes day in and day out and absolutely swear by them! For a person just beginning to do makeup, these brushes will be the best option for them. They are super soft, easy to blend with, and they are super easy to clean! They also come in a panoramic case (I lost mine!) which keeps the brushes organized and makes travelling with the brushes easier.
The best thing Real Techniques has come up with is their Miracle Complexion Sponge! These is an by far the best drugstore beauty sponge I have come across. It blends out foundations and concealer so smoothly, giving it a natural finish. I have no more words for this product, dampen this sponge and apply your foundation and see the miracle yourself!
- Buffing Brush: these brush is amazing for applying powders when setting your foundation.
- Pointed Foundation Brush: this brush is great for applying liquid foundation and works great in building up coverage. However, I use mine as a highlighter applicator and it works great!
- Detailer Brush: this brush is ideal to cover up any problem areas with concealer or fix small details around the eyes.
- Contour Brush: this is the brush I use the most! I use it to set my under eyes, apply blush, and also contour my face.
- Mircale complexion sponge: blends makeup for a smooth, enhanced finish.